Scenic Tea Field Cycling with Local Fine Teas
“Tea” is the most commonly drunk beverage in Japan and an important part of Japanese food culture. In Odai, every house used to plant teas in their garden or field and made their own homemade tea blends. There are still a lot of fresh green tea fields spreading out the town that has access to the rivers with clear and fresh water. Our guided cycling tour takes you to Odai’s tea plantation areas showing you the Japanese culture and what the Japanese landscape used to be.
<What We’ll Do>
After meeting at the Nisshin Community Centre, we’ll have a bike set up and briefing. Then, we’ll start cycling along the Ise-ji route of the ancient Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail, the UNESCO’s World Heritage Site, past pretty rural scenery and old local houses.
We’ll see a few historical sites such as the Kamize Bridge (a half buried bridge) and the Kamize Shrine (a unique small shrine where the four different deities are worshipped together under one roof).
The route continues up in the hills to the beautiful green tea fields where we’ll stop to see the mountain views and walk through for a few minutes. In springtime, you can see how the tea leaves are harvested.
We then go back to the starting point to have some different types of teas with Japanese sweets that matches perfectly. The natural spring water that was served at Ise-Shima Summit in 2016 will be used to brew teas.
Total distance cycling approx. 6 km. 3 hours total.
|Guide||Verde Odai Tourism|
|Duration||Approximately 3 hours|
|Fee per Adult（Inc.Tax）||4,000 yen ～|
|Fee per Child（Inc.Tax）||1,000 yen ～|
|Fee per Infant（Inc.Tax）||0 yen|
|Payment||Credit cards only|
|What's Included||Guide, Bicycle, Local Fine Teas, Sweets|
|Not Included||Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service|
|What to Bring||Water or Any Other Drink, Towel, Comfortable Shoes|
|Book in Advance Online||Before Noon on the Previous Day
* In the event that bookings do not reach the minimum number of participants, we will cancel the tour before noon on the previous day
* Please call us (080-4840-7315) for booking information or an update on the running of the tour after 12:00 noon on the previous day
|Meeting Time and Place||Meet your guide at the Nisshin Community Centre (239-1, Shinden, Odai-cho) 10 minutes prior to the starting time|
* Infants refer to any child from birth to age 2. Children refer to any child from age 3 to 6 and up to 20kg using a child seat which mounts to the back of the bicycle.
* This tour can accommodate up to 4 people and the minimum number of participants is 2. If you request for a private tour (including an individual or a group of 5 people or more), please contact us.
* The tour will not take place in the case of adverse weather conditions. If we need to cancel the tour, we will notify you before 5:00pm the day prior.
* Cancellations from 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
* Cancellations from 24 to 48 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
* Cancellations of All Bookings (After Payment) Due to Personal Reasons: 5% of the total participation fee is required after you make a payment. You will receive the refund after deduction of cancellation fee.
* Any cancellation request received after 5:00pm will be handled the following day.
Please click on the "Book" button below to proceed with the booking.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.